The Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services today announced the most current stats* on COVID-19 in Saratoga County.
• Confirmed cases of COVID-19: 511
• Deaths: 17
• Recovered cases: 458
• Active cases: 37
• Hospitalizations: 4
• Total tested: 16,287
*Please note that the deaths, recovered cases and active cases, when added together, do not equal the total number of confirmed cases. That is because one of the previously reported deaths happened out of the state, but was never counted as a confirmed case within the county.
Also, the Saratoga County Public Health Services COVID-19 Hotline is now staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Residents can reach a public health specialist at 518-885-2276.
Facebook Live event
Officials from Saratoga County and community partners hosted a Facebook Live event today to answer questions from residents related to COVID-19. The hour-long event was hosted on the Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services Facebook page and featured:
• Angela Nadine Wakefield – Owner, Tribe Hair Lounge
• Chris Martell – CEO, Druthers
• Cameron – 3rd Grader, Shenendehowa Central School District
• Macy – 5th Grader, Shenendehowa Central School District
• Mia – 10th Grader, Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake School District
• Thomas – 8th Grader, Saratoga Springs City School District
Community members can re-watch the stream here: https://www.facebook.com/SaratogaOES/
Testing for COVID-19 can be authorized by a health care provider for individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Symptomatic or has a history of symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, and/or trouble breathing), particularly if the individual is 70 years of age or older, the individual has a compromised immune system or the individual has an underlying health condition
• Had close (i.e. within six feet) or close contact with a person known to be positive with COVID-19
• Subject to a precautionary or mandatory quarantine
• Employed as a health care worker, first responder or other essential worker who directly interacts with the public while working
• Presents with a case where the facts and circumstances – as determined by the treating clinician in consultation with state or local department of health officials – warrant testing
• Included under other criteria set by the New York State Department of Health based on an individual's geographic place of residence, occupation or other factors that the Department may deem relevant for COVID-19 testing purposes
• Would return to workplace in Phase One, Two or Three
• Attended any of the recent protests across the state
For more information, visit the state’s testing website here: https://forward.ny.gov/covid-19-testing
County Reopening Website
Remember to visit the County’s new COVID-19 reopening website: https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/county-reopening/ The website will be updated regularly with information pertaining to when certain businesses may begin to reopen.
Data Dashboard enhanced
The dashboard now includes more comprehensive information and charts on positive cases. A link to the data dashboard, which is updated on weekdays, can be found at the top of the Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services’ COVID-19 website, located here: https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/departments/publichealth/…/