The Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services today announced the most current stats* on COVID-19 in Saratoga County.
• Confirmed cases of COVID-19: 444
• Deaths: 15
• Recovered cases: 365
• Active cases: 65
• Hospitalizations: 4
• Total tested: 9,629
*Please note that the deaths, recovered cases and active cases, when added together, do not equal the total number of confirmed cases. That is because one of the previously reported deaths happened out of the state, but was never counted as a confirmed case within the county.
Memorial Day Weekend
As we all head outside to enjoy and celebrate Memorial Day Weekend, there are a few important things to remember. It is still recommended that you maintain social distance and wear a mask or face covering while in shared public spaced.
Here are a few different ways you can celebrate safely:
• Get Outdoors – Go for a hike, bike, walk or have a picnic with your household while still maintaining social distance from others
• Game Night – Take on a puzzle or pull out a board game.
• Drive-in Movies – Local drive-in movie theaters have opened with some new rules. Be sure to visit their websites for more information before attending.
• Outdoor Cookout – Order from your favorite restaurant or start up the grill and have a family barbeque at home with the members of your household.
• Driveway Chalk Art – Thank our veterans and honor Memorial Day by making patriotic driveway chalk art for everyone to see on their walks.
Remember to be safe, maintain social distance and help protect all of our loved ones this holiday weekend.
What businesses should consider prior to reopening
The Capital Region has started the reopening process. This will take place in phases, and not all businesses will be allowed to reopen immediately. A breakdown of the businesses that are included in each phase can be found here: https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase
As we begin phase one, it is important that businesses have their safety plans in place. Templates can be found here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/…/NYS_BusinessReopeningSafetyPl…
Every business should be thinking about the following things:
• Physical spacing and incorporating distancing where possible
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Health screening process for employees
• Cleaning protocols and supplies
• Log of people in the building (employees and visitors)
As we begin to reopen, it is important to continue wearing a mask when out in public. There is a proper way to put on, wear and take off a face mask or covering. The CDC has provided a flyer you can find here https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/…/13105_covid-19_facemask… on best practices. Remember that children under two years old should not wear a face mask for safety reasons. If you need to make a face covering, you can view the CDC website here https://www.cdc.gov/…/prevent…/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html for instructions on how to make a homemade face covering.
Additionally, reusable masks have been distributed to each municipality in the county, and residents can contact their local Town or City Hall to see if they are still available.
Data Dashboard enhanced
The dashboard now includes more comprehensive information and charts on positive cases. A link to the data dashboard, which is updated on weekdays, can be found at the top of the Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services’ COVID-19 website, located here: https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/departments/publichealth/…/