The Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services today announced the most current stats on COVID-19 in Saratoga County.
• Confirmed cases of COVID-19: 408
• Deaths: 14
• Recovered cases: 326
• Active cases: 68
• Hospitalizations: 7
• Total tested: 6,887
Cloth masks available to County residents
The Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services has provided reusable cloth masks to each municipality in the county. Residents in need of a cloth mask should contact their Town or City Hall for one.
Additionally, residents can attend one of two cloth mask distribution events on Friday, May 15 from 10:00 a.m. until noon, or until supplies run out. The locations are:
• Town of Malta — Malta Town Hall, 2540 Route 9
• City of Saratoga Springs — Saratoga Springs High School Parking Lot, 1 Blue Streak Blvd.
Efforts to reopen
The state has released its plan for reopening. It includes metrics that regions must meet before reopening can begin. The metrics can be found here.
Saratoga County is stressing that businesses cannot reopen until an Executive Order from the Governor allows it. The Capital Region has not met all metrics and reopening will not begin in the region on May 15.
The County continues to take action to address the Governor's plan to reopen New York, working with the other counties in the region to reach the metrics. Once the reopening begins, it will take place in phases, and not all businesses will be allowed to reopen right away. The phases are outlined here:https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase
Facebook Live event
Officials from Saratoga County and community partners hosted a Facebook Live event earlier this week to answer questions from residents related to COVID-19. The hour-long event was hosted on the Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services Facebook page and featured:
• Nash Alexander – Chief Operations Officer, Wilton Emergency Corp.
• Peter P. Bardunias – Senior Vice President, Community Advancement, Capital Region Chamber
• Penelope Heritage – Director, Saratoga County Animal Shelter
• Cathleen Medick, RN, BSN – Director of Patient Services, Saratoga County
• Kristine Orr – Superintendent, South Glens Falls Central School District
• Todd Shimkus – President, Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce
Community members can re-watch the stream here:https://www.facebook.com/SaratogaOES/videos/264450124677847/
Data Dashboard enhanced
The dashboard now includes more comprehensive information and charts on positive cases. A link to the data dashboard, which is updated on weekdays, can be found at the top of the Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services’ COVID-19 website, located here: https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/departments/publichealth/…/