The Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services today announced that there are 399 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Saratoga County and 7 of those individuals are hospitalized at this time.
Facebook Live event
Officials from Saratoga County and community partners will be hosting a Facebook Live event on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. to answer questions from residents related to COVID-19. The hour-long event will be hosted on the Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services Facebook page and feature:
• Nash Alexander – Chief Operations Officer, Wilton Emergency Corp.
• Peter P. Bardunias – Senior Vice President, Community Advancement, Capital Region Chamber
• Penelope Heritage – Director, Saratoga County Animal Shelter
• Cathleen Medick, RN, BSN – Director of Patient Services, Saratoga County
• Kristine Orr – Superintendent, South Glens Falls Central School District
• Todd Shimkus – President, Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce
Community members can submit questions in advance or view the stream here:https://www.facebook.com/SaratogaOES/?ref=bookmarks
Efforts to reopen
The state has released its plan for reopening. It includes metrics that regions must meet before reopening can begin. The metrics can be found here:https://www.governor.ny.gov/programs/new-york-forward
Saratoga County is stressing that businesses cannot reopen until an Executive Order from the Governor allows it.
The County continues to take action to address the Governor's plan to reopen New York, working with the other counties in the region to reach the metrics. Once the reopening begins, it will take place in phases, and not all businesses will be allowed to reopen right away. The phases are outlined here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/…/regional-guidelines-re-openin…
Data Dashboard enhanced
The dashboard now includes more comprehensive information and charts on positive cases. A link to the data dashboard, which is updated on weekdays, can be found at the top of the Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services’ COVID-19 website, located here: https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/departments/publichealth/…/