Saratoga County Department of Public Health has issued the following advisory for businesses and residents in Saratoga County. The purpose of this advisory is to provide residents and businesses with guidance related to the presence of COVID-19 within our communities and continue to offer resources made available by both the state and county health departments.
To limit exposure, the County Department of Public Health is advising that everyone exercise social distancing.
The Interim Guidance for Large Gatherings and Public Spaces During the COVID-19 Outbreak can be read at this link.
The public is hereby advised the following:
- Members of the public who are sick with COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, troubled breathing) or susceptible to infectious illnesses (e.g. older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions, such as lung disease, heart disease, diabetes) should not attend large gatherings.
- Adhere to the New York State directive on gatherings of 500 people or more
- Adhere to the New York State directive to reduce capacity of gatherings of fewer than 500 people by 50 percent
- Businesses should implement a social distancing policy when possible, examples include remote work, contact free delivery, encouraging the use of digital communication, reducing or eliminating in person meetings
- Residents should practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings when possible
- Schools can decide to close their districts for an extended period of time without risk of losing state funding for holding fewer than 180 days of instruction
- Adhere to recommended daily preventative actions that will reduce the risk of getting sick
This guidance is not intended for governmental, medical, educational, retail spaces, or mass transportation facilities, including but not limited to:
- Government Buildings,
- Residential Health Care Facilities,
- Retail Establishments, including:
o Grocery Stores,
- Public Transit Facilities:
o Trains/Railway Stations,
o Subway Terminals, and
o Buses and Bus Terminals.
Large gatherings and public spaces within the scope of this guidance include, but are not limited to:
- Worship services,
- Sporting events,
- Gaming establishments, and
- Physical fitness centers.