New Developments: Plans for all new development in the Town are reviewed by a Town engineer to isolate any highway or drainage related problems.
MAIN FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
The Highway department is responsible for the over 218 miles of Town roads that are maintained by 34 employees using 25 trucks and 12 pieces of major equipment. Additionally we are responsible for snow and ice control, paving and reconstruction, maintenance of roads, signs and roadway markings, roadside drainage, tree and brush cutting.
Listed below are the services provided by the Highway Department.
- Clifton Knolls Leaf District
- Carcass Removal
- Ditch Clean Up
- Paving and Pot Hole Repair (Town roads only)
- Snow Plowing/Snow Removal
- Roadside culvert pipe installation
- Road Sweeping
- Schauber Road (County Route 80)
- Longkill Road (County Route 82)
- Main Street, Jonesville (County Route 82)
- Riverview Road (County Route 88, Rexford to State Route 146)
- Vischer Ferry Road (County Route 90)
- Riverview Road (County Route 91, State Route 146 to Grooms Road)
- Grooms Road (County Route 91)
- Crescent Road (County Route 92)
- Route 914V (Glenridge Road)
- Route 146
- Route 146A
- Route 9
- I-87, the Northway