Building & Zoning Code Enforcement
- Enforcing the building codes of New York State and The Town of Clifton Park as they pertain to commercial and residential construction.
- Reviewing and approving all construction plans prior to permit issuance.
- Performing permit-related inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and laws.
- Working closely with the Department Director to investigate complaints concerning building code, zoning or local law violations. Violation notices and court appearance tickets are issued when necessary.
- Investigating issues of public safety, health and zoning upon receipt of verifiable written complaints.
- Building Permits: Are required for many building projects, including new construction, additions, structural changes, signs, decks, finished basements, swimming pools, tents, hot tubs, demolition, roofing, siding, and window replacement as well as water heaters, furnaces , fireplaces and other heat producing appliance. Contractors must have an insurance certificate in the Town of Clifton Park, which shows general liability, NYS workers’ compensation and disability benefits insurance, or approved waiver. Homeowners may perform their own work with an affidavit of exemption.
- Types Of Inspections: Footing inspection, foundation / backfill inspection, rough electrical inspection, rough plumbing inspection, rough framing inspection, insulation inspection, final electrical inspection, final plumbing inspection, final building inspection, grading inspections. These and/or other inspections are performed by the building inspector, plumbing inspector, or electrical inspector as needed to insure code compliance for the specific type of permit.
- Electrical Inspectors: To schedule electrical inspections, call any of the town approved electrical inspectors.
Links of Interest
- pdf Town of Clifton Park Zoning Map (3.00 MB)
- NYS DOS Links
- Permit Applications
- Fire Prevention Bureau
- pdf Violation/Investigation Request Form/Special Investigation Form (317 KB)
- Zoning Board of Appeals