FOR ALL PERMITS WHICH REQUIRE THE ISSUANCE OF A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY:
It is the responsibility of the applicant that the Building Department receive written approval from the following individuals, agencies, and/or departments prior to occupancy of structure.
- Final electrical inspection by an authorized inspection agency.
- Final inspection letter submitted to the Building Department prior to backfilling of "special" septic systems.
- Surveyed as-built plot plan submitted to the Building Department.
- Final inspection by the Fire Code Enforcement Officer of fireplaces, woodstoves, furnaces, water heaters, or other heat-producing equipment.
- Final inspection by the Building Department when building is completed.
The Building Department will issue a Certificate of Occupancy to an applicant when all the above items have been completed.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO OCCUPY ANY BUILDING WITHOUT A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY (IN VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF THE TOWN OF CLIFTON PARK ZONING REGULATIONS SECTION 208-108).
Under normal circumstances, your Certificate of Occupancy document will be prepared within forty-eight (48) hours after completion of all of the above.
Please be advised that inspections must also be called for at the following intervals:
- Footings before pour.
- Foundation after waterproofing, but before backfill.
- Sewer/septic and water installation (before backfill).
- Rough frame including plumbing, wiring, and heating, but without insulation.
- Insulation before sheetrock.
- Fireplace inspections as required by Fire Code Enforcement Officer.
- Furnace, water heater, or other heat-producing equipment.
- Final inspection.
A TWENTY-FOUR HOUR NOTICE IS REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE ALL INSPECTIONS.
Please click on the link below to access downloadable, documents, forms and applications. You may print them out, fill them in and bring them to the Department of Building and Development to file your application.
01 Building Permits
folder 02 Generator Information
folder 03 Sewer and Septic Permit Information
folder 04 Heat Producing Equipment
folder 05 Signage Permit
folder 06 Swimming Pools
folder 07 Zoning Variances
folder 08 Solar/Photovoltaic Installations
folder 09 Other Permits
folder 10 Commercial
folder 11 Change of Tenant