Building Permit & Application Information
FOR ALL PERMITS WHICH REQUIRE THE ISSUANCE OF A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY:
It is the responsibility of the applicant that the Building Department receive written approval from the following individuals, agencies, and/or departments prior to occupancy of structure.
- Final electrical inspection by an authorized inspection agency.
- Final inspection letter submitted to the Building Department prior to backfilling of "special" septic systems.
- Surveyed as-built plot plan submitted to the Building Department.
- Final inspection by the Fire Code Enforcement Officer of fireplaces, woodstoves, furnaces, water heaters, or other heat-producing equipment.
- Final inspection by the Building Department when building is completed.
The Building Department will issue a Certificate of Occupancy to an applicant when all the above items have been completed.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO OCCUPY ANY BUILDING WITHOUT A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY (IN VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF THE TOWN OF CLIFTON PARK ZONING REGULATIONS SECTION 208-108).
Under normal circumstances, your Certificate of Occupancy document will be prepared within forty-eight (48) hours after completion of all of the above.
Please be advised that inspections must also be called for at the following intervals:
- Footings before pour.
- Foundation after waterproofing, but before backfill.
- Sewer/septic and water installation (before backfill).
- Rough frame including plumbing, wiring, and heating, but without insulation.
- Insulation before sheetrock.
- Fireplace inspections as required by Fire Code Enforcement Officer.
- Furnace, water heater, or other heat-producing equipment.
- Final inspection.
A TWENTY-FOUR HOUR NOTICE IS REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE ALL INSPECTIONS.
For Permit Fees, click here, or call Building & Development at: (518) 371-6702